Kingspan Tribune - adding extra 2 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could a (competant) person add an extra 2 port valve to a pre plumbed Tribune Xe TXN 250 PERP, (which is an indirect unvented cylinder.)

I gather this cylinder as standard has 2x 2 port valves, one for DHW and one for a Heating Circuit, I have Underfloor heating that needs it own circuit, does the preplumbed pipework provide a 'way' for this extra valve to be added, or would the preplumbed pipework need to be cut into.

Looks like the wiring centre on the cylinder can accomodate the wiring for the extra valve, would hope the boards are common across the 2 and 3 valve versions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this for a cylinder you already have, or one you're planning on buying?

Sponsored Links
Its being collected tomorrow, so will post something up, I spoke to Kingspan, who advised the wiring centre for the 2 zone/port/valve version has in place the terminals for an extra valve, and cutting one ni is a five minute job ... which is probably sales talk for 20 minutes, but however long, at least it can be done, which was my concern.

Here we go, presume the 'leg' in the middle can simply be spliced off at the end and the extra port valve coupled to it ... the 22mm copper on this leg is closed at the end in a manner I have never seen before ....

260820203431.jpg

260820203433.jpg

Your installer can cut the end off here, add a zone valve, and swing the other one out of the way.

1A268_LI.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back