positioning a 2 port valve

and I get a sarcastic answer saying it's difficult to find
That was NOT sarcastic - it was genuine

and I find 23 references the first time I look
Yes 23 references, but most of them either irrelevant or cryptic or, to quote your good self... "Easiest way is to make the vent a combined feed and vent (ask if need more info)"
QED

Another promising one from Kev points to a broken link.

The first one (Ideal) I check shows the answer - in about 10 seconds
Well I can't see a combined feed and vent - only a diagram of a conventional open vent.

For textbook information - buy one!
Is that really in the spirit of this site? If so, I'm off. You asked me to play the role of devil's advocate so, when I do, please don't cast me as the man himself.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to all those who gave helpful advice on my problem.

I feel confident of what needs to be done. Will pick up a second 2 port valve and room thermostat and go for the full contol on the CH as well as the HW. With the current oil price i'm sure the pay back period will be relatively short.

Can anyone recommend a reliable make of automatic air valve? I have had no success on the web with Screwfix or Plumbworld.

Thanks again everybody

Had another look on the web for AAVs. V is for vent not valve I see. Found what I was looking for.

Cheers

Try BES for on-line plumbing & heating fittings. Wide range and reasonable prices.

Did you check the wiring diagrams for your proposed S Plan? It's important to interlink the boiler and pump.

Sponsored Links
Chrishutt

Thanks for info on AAV.

I picked up a new Pegler Terrier contol pack on ebay today for £40 incl postage. (list is £118+vat on pegler site). It has 2 no 2 port valves, 2 thermostats, programmer and wiring centre. I hope it has all necessary wiring instructions. I will see when it arrives. Should be able to figure out what is what by the time weather improves.

Couple of queries if you have time:

Are oilfired boilers a thing of the past in most of England. Most posts seems to be about gas fired systems. Perhaps they are more troublesom than oil. I'm in rural N Ireland just out of range of natural gas.

Are you really based in Cuba or is that just your sense of humour?

Are you really based in Cuba or is that just your sense of humour?
Well, I thought it was quite amusing until I noticed where ChrisR posts from. Upstaged again! We're nothing if not competitive here.

As for oil boilers being on the way out, I'm sure others will be quick to come to their defence. As I understand it, if you don't have access to mains gas then oil is the next best choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back