Kingspan Tribune HE Range u/v cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Tribune He range invented cylinder which is not turning itself off and has been running constantly all night. we turn The heating & not water off at The main room thermostats unless we need them on rather than timed settings. The immersion switch is off. It on!y stops when we turn the whole system off at the boiler. The grundfos pump fitted to the cylinder system is very hot to touch. The cylinder and expansion vessels aren't any hotter than usual so don't think it's an issue with the thermostat on the cylinder.

I've read on some forums that the cylinder has to work harder in cold weather (-8 deg cel outside temp night) but that doesn't sound feasible given the inside temp of the house is well above 0 deg. I'm worried as 8 years ago out invented cylinder in our last house wouldn't go off, overheated & burst flooding the house but that was an older glass jacketed cylinder. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Usual suspect is the zone valve microswitch stuck in the closed position.

Sponsored Links
You need to arrange a visit from a G3 certified engineer . You can't do any work on an unvented cylinder yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back