Kink in 8mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to feed 8mm pipe through a hole I'd drilled in the floorboard I managed to get a slight kink in the pipe in spite of using a 8mm bender spring - although the pipe isn't fully kinked. It was already linked to the new radiator. Do I need to take it off the radiator and try again with a new length of pipe or will the water supply still be ok through the slight kink?

Sponsored Links
If you still have access and leftover copper pipe I would replace with another piece.
8mm with the internal diameter is restrictive enough without a kink in the pipe aswell.

Sponsored Links
If you still have access and leftover copper pipe I would replace with another piece.
8mm with the internal diameter is restrictive enough without a kink in the pipe aswell.

Yeah, good advice I think. Anyway, that's what I've done and without kinking it this time! Thanks for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back