Kit/product to limit the opening of a window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the really unhelpful subject, but my problem is I don't know what to ask for!

In my son's room there is a upvc window that opens outwards (hinged on one side). It opens all the way and I want to be able to stop it doing so and limit it so it can only be opened a little way - i.e. not enough for a toddler to climb out.

Examining it, I can see that there are metal runners top and bottom, when the window opens it is supported by a mechanism sliding along these runners. Therefore fitting some kind of plate in there to restrict the mechanism would do the job. I could probably make something up to do this (skill permitting), but was wondering if there were kits on the market that would do this for me.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, got it immediately with Google. Looking at the picture it seems I have one fitted already, but it's leaving too big a gap. I'll get the tape measure out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back