Kitchen and bathroom drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again need some advice on more drainage. This time it's kitchen sink and bathroom. As you see from picture it's a sorta quick fix and is better than what was happening. My idea would be to rise the hole up using https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-d504-square-hopper-gully-grid/13687 or I could add pipe to the bathroom outlet so it's nicely in to the hole and cut a hole in to that so the kitchen sink can go down that. I'll show a pic of washing machine drainage later as that's in utility/shed.

But guy what would you do?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180813_125619285.jpg
    IMG_20180813_125619285.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 275
Sponsored Links
I can't see what your problem is. What's the dish thing for ?

what happens when you dont have the bowl there? did you put it in to wash it :D

i like your idea and i would smarten it up sort of how you said
the idea of a grid is to stop items going into the trap part...so make your pipe entries neat
centralising the large pipe would look neat with the sink waste in the back corner

it would be good if you could get a large top grid to cover the concrete surround..you seem to have a cast iron grid there...is it for the rebate at the bottom of the concrete drain surround?

good to neaten up those things...

cheers
geof

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys shouldn't have typing when trying to sleep. The bowl is there with a cutout so most of the water goes down the hole. Without the water goes round and the house wall is green in there. Also a bit of mortar is missing so water was going down the side. So what I need to know what is best solution?

My idea is again the square thing on the link above with a 5in bit of tube to extend the height and then also probably extend the brick guard if needed

You could extend the gully up or the pipes down.

Is the gully that’s there now round or square inside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back