kitchen and Bathroom Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently repainted the bathroom with B&Q Matt Kitchen and Bathroom Paint on both walls and cellings. I has previously used and older version of this paint with no problems.

Now everytime we have a bath or shower you get a clearly visable film of water over the walls and ceilings which does dry off but in places collects and runs leaving streaks down the walls.

It is a small bathroom, but I have tried having the window and door open during a shower which makes no difference. We never had this problem before using this paint and nothing has changed other than the paint.

My uncle has a similar problem in a kitchen a few years ago and ended up just repainting with normal paint.

Why is this happening, is there anything I can do about. Is is best just to repaint with regular paint, will I need to do anything special to paint over this paint?

Cheers

Sam

Sponsored Links
It could be that the areas where it isnt drying are colder...possibly cos they are in contact with an outside wall.

I dont like K&B paint, never have, I think its an over priced gimmick.

Try acrylic eggshell instead..its more or less the same thing.

Give the walls a light rub down first then roll it on using a shortsh pile sleeve.

There are water run marks on all the walls, interor and exterior. The water leaves a stain because it is a hard water area and there is lots of chalk in it.

I am shocked by the volume of water that collects across the whole surface of the paint work. This did not happen so dramatically before and I wonder where this water went to previously.

Is it the same colour?

Is it the same time of year that you've painted it , as opposed to the last time?

It sounds like, your paint hasn't had time to "cure" properly.

Sponsored Links
The walls are a different colour but not the ceilings. No, it is a different time of year but the tin says nothing about letting the paint cure, save leaving it four hours between coats and letting it dry for 7 days before cleaning.

Checking the tin again, I may have been a bit misleading with my first post. The paint is B&Q Everywhere paint "for all interiors including kitchens and bathrooms" in "easy clean super tough matt".

It is not pure Kitchen and Bathroom paint as used previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back