kitchen/bathroom wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are about to move into a house that needs a lot of work done.

We are new to this so would like some advice on moving walls.

There is a wall in the kitchen that opens up into the bathroom. There is currently a cupboard in the bathroom with is just under a meter wide.
We feel the space that the cupboard is taking up would be much better used in the kitchen so we'd like to move the wall to the other side of it, gaining just under a metre in length in the kitchen.

This is not a load baring wall.

Could anyone tell me how much it would cost to move this wall and doorframe back? Is it something that we could possibly manage ourselves?

Any other info/tips about moving walls would be much appreciated!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Could anyone tell me how much it would cost to move this wall and doorframe back?
Are you thinking that you will take down the partition and re-use the stuff that's there?

From a professional point of view, the existing wall, door frame and possibly the cupboard too would be removed and thrown in a skip.

You would then build a new stud wall complete with new door casing and cupboard etc. This would be fitted with sound insulation, plasterboard and skim.

It may be possible to re-use the door provided it hasn't been butchered, but re-using any timbers would be false economy. It may also be possible to leave the cupboard there and work around it though this would require a site visit.

Floor levels and ceiling repairs may also need to be considered.

I would have thought upwards of £600 plus a couple of hundred more for a cupboard etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back