Kitchen bulbs constantly blowing

On the plus side I find the colour under LED lamps far better than fluorescent, but the suck it an see approach is really not good enough. I have not worked out why LED lamps with electronic switches flicker to start with, my switches you can hear click, so clearly a relay makes the circuit, but bulbs under 5 watt tend to have a shimmer or flicker, and it seems to be down to bulb size not load, 5 x 2.2W shimmer, 1 x 6W does not.

Guess I must be lucky then, none of mine flicker or I'm not susceptible to it - though I do notice it in car rear lights.

Sponsored Links
I started a new thread on flicker, as really not a problem with this thread, but with BA22d bulbs it has never been a problem. My daughter says she gets a headache after being in my living room for an evening, since it does no affect me, hard to say if due to 100 Hz from lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back