Kitchen Cabinet Doors 590mm wide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at upgrading the kitchen. Replacing all the wall cabinets in total but only replacing the doors of the base units.

I can find websites selling replacement doors but none fit the size of my base units.

The units are all single draw and door with the following dimensions:

Draw 140mm Height by 296mm, 396mm, 496mm, 596mm Width
Door 590mm Height by 296mm, 396mm, 496mm, 596mm Width

Base unit door sizes seem to be 570mm as standard. I can't find any that are 590mm.

Does this mean I would have to replace the base units too?

Sponsored Links
DIYhomefit can custom make any size of door for you.....their website allows you to enter the sizes, decide on finish and allows hinge position to be entered too.
John :)

DIYhomefit can custom make any size of door for you.....their website allows you to enter the sizes, decide on finish and allows hinge position to be entered too.
Thanks Burnerman! - We make to measure doors (and carcasses if req'd) - any height, any width, any depth, in over 40 different finishes! :)

Soon to have a good order from me, if 'er indoors agrees!
Seriously, using your website is a pleasure and seems to be foolproof.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback John, we have tried to make the website as user friendly as possible, whilst not swamping you with information!
We look forward to your order, but yes please involve the Mrs first! ;)

Both those sites look great - I can choose custom size and prices are shown instantly.

A few more questions if I may.

Wall Units
1. I want to replace the wall units and add three new ones. Is there somewhere I can just buy the carcases without the doors and then purchase the doors from one of the sites listed above?

Worktop
This will be replaced. I presume it is just screwed to the base units with L brackets and so I can remove the draws, undo the screws and the worktop will remove easily?

Cooker Unit
We currently have a free standing cooker. This will be replaced with separate electric hob and oven. Thus I would need to purchase an appliance base unit. How can I ensure it would match and fit what is already there?

Acrylic Spashback
There are tiles along the three walls and side wall window (all to wall cabinet level). Rather than replacing the tiles I like the idea of covering over it with acrylic panels. Is this feasible? Should this be done before or after the new worktop is fitted?

We also supply custom sized units either with doors or without doors!
With regards to the work top, yes usually L brackets or 2 way blocks are used and there can often be batons fixed to the wall and the tops can be fixed here (if there is/was access).
Matching panels are also easily accessible, but bear in mind a door only becomes a door when you fix a hinge and a handle to it - providing it has no design!

Just to conclude this one......for anyone considering refurbishing kitchen doors etc (particularly when they are obscure sizes like mine) then look no further than this firm.
Stunning service, stunning products and treated me like a human on the phone, too :p
John :D

OK I'm sold!

On a related theme I want to inform anyone about ordering samples.

I ordered three different samples. One of a complete high gloss cabinet door and two of acrylic backsplashes.

The first acrylic backsplash was useless. It was the size of a matchbox and scratched with rough edges - it was clearly a roughed up small off cut.

What really put me off that company is that they charged £6 and that the delivery was too slow. A despatch email said "Even though we send the order via next day delivery please expect 48 hours for delivery." So I was expecting a larger piece, delivered via courier or royal mail parcel. When it arrived it was a small jiffy bag with a SECOND CLASS stamp on it.

That company have totally lost me as a customer purely because they provided a crappy off cut, were not genuine about the delivery and because they charged me £6 for a piece of crap.

The second company were better. They stated the size the sample would be (50mm x 50mm) and the delivery was as expected. I will be buying from them.

Now the door sample. This took a few days to deliver but I was informed of the update: it had to be made, packaged, shipped. It arrived via parcel post and was amazing.

It was a full size 22mm high gloss door that looked wonderful. Don't know if it was custom made or a spare that was not needed or a return but it looked great. The cost? £12. Bargain!

Companies offering samples would do well to follow their procedures and distance themselves from the first splashback. As all are mostly the same then this is the difference between a customer eventually purchasing from one but not the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back