kitchen cabinet lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, wadda you think,,? just had a new kitchen put in and i now fancy some cabinet lighting.To get to the lighting cicuit would be a real pain , hence my query...is it ok to spur off a 15A circuit ( my old immersion, not used), providing i use a fused 3A/5A spur.The connections and J.B would be under the floorboards.....thanking you,

Sponsored Links
the JB's must be accessable. itll be fine to spur from the circuit you intend to use

Good idea to have the FCU accessible too - be a right pain in the bum to have to lift floorboards to replace a fuse...

if the 15A cuircuit is not in use for anything else why bother with a FCU when you can just put the appropriate size breaker on the whole cuircuit

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
if the 15A cuircuit is not in use for anything else why bother with a FCU when you can just put the appropriate size breaker on the whole cuircuit

I agree.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back