Kitchen Corner post balls up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I've fitted the all the units and doors awaiting tops to be fitted saturday.

I've got to put the doors on the corner base unit, it's two units put together opposed to a special corner unit.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ouldings___end_panels&fh_eds=ß&isSearch=false

I need to move the cabinets to get the wall post in but havent yet got the post. Is this reading 52mmeach way, so set the left hand part of the L 52 away from the right unit, and the right unit 52 up?

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
The main image in your link is the post that should be attached to one of the doors on the 925mm corner unit. When you have 2 seperate units in a corner, it is often a fixed post that is required. For example, if you have 2 x 1000mm base units turning the corner then the corner post would be attached to the centre post of one cabinet and the edge of the second cabinet would be spaced 57mm (for the post in my link) from the face of the carcass not the door.
If you have cabinets that have had to be custom cut to fit into the corner or are unusually aligned then any centre post/cabinet edge may not be in the correct position to do it this way and the corner post in your link may be the correct one.

Hope that makes sense as it is a bit tricky to explain without being there and seeing the exact situation. It would be much easier to figure out if you had the corner post to hand and would also ensure you have the correct clearaces for the doors but you are basically right in your idea of the spacing - just remember that it is from the face of the carcass and not the face of the adjacent the door.

I think the carpentry section may be the best place if you need more accurate advice.

I was thinking of doing it last night by trying to calculate. Going to buy the post after work and just fit it to see :)

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
it's alright, got to re-jig 7 units, build 7 drawer units and install for tomorrow :)

well I got done by 9, managed to get the cooker back in so I could at least have some dinner :)

9meters of Walnut worktop in on Saturday

Excellent job!

You do realise that there was no need to rush to get the the cooker in because it is the law that you must live off takeaways when fitting a kitchen!! ;)

Thanks for the info that you got it done.

well.. it's funny you say that! I've been living in this place for 6 months Only just got around to doing the kitchen... well I say only just... it's been on going.. as everything else in this monster job for the last two years! Been washing up in the bath tub since moving in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back