Kitchen Cornice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have extended my kitchen units and am having trouble finding a match for the cornice. It looks like this:

IMG_1791.JPG

Do you know where I could source a match?

Have scoured the net, but all I seem to be finding available is either (i) more modern cornice (i.e. rectangular) or (ii) white (rather than cream/vanilla to match).

My next problem is how to finish the cornicing to achieve the best look, as I have a gap between the units & walls:
IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

What is the norm here? Do I:
1. Stop abruptly (at end of unit)
2. Continue to side wall
3. Turn the corner to the rear wall

Many thanks for your help,
Rich

Sponsored Links
[quote what is the norm here? Do I:
1. Stop abruptly (at end of unit)
2. Continue to side wall
3. Turn the corner to the rear wall

Many thanks for your help,
Rich[/quote]

Can't help with a supplier but when you find a match I would continue the conice upto to the side wall, and then make good the gap between unit and wall with an infil, preferably using the same material and colour as the units

A joiners shop might be able to match the profile, the colour match is a bit more tricky. As has been said- continue up to the wall and fix an infill between the unit and wall. Good luck :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you replies.

Hmmm. I was hoping not to have to infill - should have said that this space is currently used to hang brooms & mops. Also, presumably it is necessary to temporarily remove the (F/Freezer) cupboard to fit an infill - as my drill wont fit in the gap.

With the spare piece I have I'm only 30cm short - but looks like I might end up replacing the cornice round the whole kitchen with a new style.

Aaaagh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back