Kitchen Cupboard Lighting - Junction Box Locations ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My exisitng kitchen lighting circuit is on a spur from the main ring above my kitchen (lighting circuit currently unused - was previously for 2 fluorescent tubes).

I want to use this circuit to light up a large frosted cupboard above a worktop.

On this circuit I wish to have a set of mains voltage shelf lights & a set of Low Voltage Downlighters.

I know how to do this from an electical point of view, however, I am unsure what the regs say when it comes to the positioning of junction boxes in the kitchen.

Do junction boxes need to be a certain distance from a cupboard, or could it be screwed to the underside of my cupboard?

Note - I will get my electrician in to complete this circuit and several other projects I am working on, once i am happy on the cable routings (I have made the mistake too many times in the past of getting an electrician in, for them to surface mount everything, only for me to pull the circuit apart to recess it into the wall in the future!)

Sponsored Links
all junctin boxes need to be accesible it would be best to site the jbs on top of the cupboards due to steam rising and getting into the boxes
:)

G.T.S:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back