kitchen cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am re-doing my kitchen, and I can't find any advice for a suitable gap between the bottom of the wall units and the worktop.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
If you have any tall larder of oven housings these will determine the top of the wall units and therefore the gap.

If you don't have any tall units and are using 720mm wall units aim for about 530mm between carcases which will set the wall units 490mm above a standard 40mm top.

Jason

Hi, when working out your hight for the wall units, remember to think about the tiles you are using!! If you intend using 100x100 tiles I would go for 410mm( also easy to reach top shelf, for shorter peeps)above worktop as that allows 4 tiles and grout. if your not using tiles then its sort of up to you. rembering you have to reach the back of the top shelf!
Andy ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back