Kitchen Design Ideas

C

cb9002

Here's my planned kitchen, does anyone have any suggestions?

The room is narrow (2m) and 376cm long. The window starts 1110mm from the left and is 1450 long, leaving 1200 on the right.

I'm planning a beige marble floor with sandstone grout, solid oak doors ad chrome bow handles. Worktop will be black minerelle.

kitchen.jpg

Base units left to right:
Built under 600 fridge
Built under 600 freezer
150 wine rack
1000 drawline base (dummy draw for sink)
500 drawline
600 oven
300 drawline

Wall Units left to right
---WINDOW---
600 integrated extractor

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ignore the current orientation of the handles, the software wasn't intelligent enough to let me change that.

Also, I'm planning a matching 150mm splashback along the back of the worktop and a matching 600x750 splashback behind the cooker.

The only problem I find in a small room is the dark oak doors can make the room very dark unless there's plenty of natural light. I did have oak doors years ago & I do have a big kitchen and it was very dark then but changed the kitchen to white doors and the whole area is a lot lighter, just my opinion ;)

The layout of your is okay, the only thing I always advise clients if possible is to have oven housing at a comfortable height position instead of under the worktop, no backache this way and no tripping over the oven door when lowered etc, but does mean less worktop area, it's really depends on how often the oven is being used

OK thanks. I have the oven in a full-height housing at the moment and because the room is so narrow it makes the room look very small. I'm purposely having a single length of worktop running the length of the kitchen.

Good point about the colour, I'm going for a light oak.

Sponsored Links
what software did you use?

and I'd go for 2x500 uppers on the left with a filler strip to the left wall.. this stops the handles hitting the wall and lets you open the cupboad door fully.. it's a bit tight with the window at 1110 anyway.. only leaves 10mm to play with..

Sorry for the late reply...

Good point on the cupboard doors...

Used B+Q free online design software!

Am now trying to finalise choice of worktops/splashback/floor

If I use black worktop and upstand, would cream marble floor tiles be OK and what would be best for the wall? The back wall will be painted whatever colour suits, but I'm thinking about tiling above the 100mm upstand.

Any ideas?

Personally I might choose a 500 drawer pack with 1 shallow drawer and two pan drawers, rather than a drawer-line unit, to the left of the oven (if your supplier does one). It's so much easier to reach stuff in drawers than at the back of a cupboard ... but not all my customers agree with me!

I don't think I would tile above the upstand - it might look a bit busy - just use paint that can be washed.

As for the floor/worktops ... do Minerelle do a black that's mottled with a bit of beige/gold/or cream to tie in with the floor a bit more? I think that would look better than plain black.

All these things are very much personal choice, though, there's no rights or wrongs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back