kitchen/diner ideas please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small dining room practically in the center of my house going unused, although it may well devalue the property i wanted to take down the studwall that separates it from the kitchen.

I wanted to keep the two rooms 'separate' in so much that there is a clear distinction between them both but at the same time giving that open kitchen-diner feeling.

Because of the small space available there isn't much room for a breakfast bar, or anything wider that 10" or so.
The idea of glass bricks did occur to me but as i haven't seen any modern domestic use in my searches.

Has anyone done anything similar?
Pictures or links would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks,

Ben

Sponsored Links
I used a similar set-up to 'partition' two areas. They weren't placed floor to ceiling though - only wide enough and high enough to denote two separate areas.

I used the 'wood' kits and the top section can be used as a shelf for lightweight items.

Saved all the mucking about with white cement and strengthening rods [which I used on a previous job]

Have a look at this site;

http://www.glassblocksuk.com/index.php

I never realised that glass blocks could be assembled dry like mentioned in the wood kit ('framelight' as they're calling it.)

I will definatly consider it as it seems like an easy job if i can get some modern looking blocks, i was woried that it might look a little kitch...
But i think looking at some examples it will suit it fine.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back