Thoughts on kitchen diner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of buying a house and have found a nice detached home built in the 1930's.

The only problem is I dont like the small kitchen and separate dinging room.

Looking at the floorplan and picture, what is the complexity and rough cost of creating a kitchen diner by removing the partitioning wall? The cooker also seems to have what almost looks like a chimney breast around it.

If it is possible and not too costly, I guess the next step would be to get a builder in for a viewing.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    144.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 3337_30516101_IMG_07_0000.jpeg
    3337_30516101_IMG_07_0000.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 3337_30516101_IMG_06_0000.jpeg
    3337_30516101_IMG_06_0000.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
We've just done something similar at home except I turned the useless connie into a proper extension.
So now we have the dining table in the old connie and lots of room for the wife to fill with clutter.

The wall knock out and steel beam and making good alone, will set you back about £3k. The rest will depend upon design etc.

Sponsored Links
By ripping down and discarding, then a rebuild? Or re-using it in some way? Am interested from this end! Ta.
We stripped out the polycarb roof and all the UPVC and glass down to the dwarf wall. Re built on the same footprint with a window, a French set and a vaulted roof. I exposed the footings and were deemed good by BC ( I did them previously).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back