Kitchen draw repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The draw in my kitchen has been damaged by my youngest.

In the medium future we may be selling or renting the property so I need to get this fixed.

We'd like to get a new kitchen ideally but can't afford to spend the money at the moment.

We have considered just replacing the doors and draws but the veneer on the side and parts of the units would not match.

My favoured short-term option is to have the drawer rebuilt by a chippie and transplant the original front onto the new draw.

The drawer appears to be plastic in the body. I've not come across this before but I've never paid much attention before either.

Here are some photos. Hopefully the experienced among you can give me some pointers on an effective repair.

The drawer front has separated from the body and is attached by tape:

View media item 29643
The body is plastic with metal runners that insert into the hollow sides:

View media item 29644
The metal runners:

View media item 29645
The hollow that the runner inserts into:

View media item 29646
The plastic buttons on the side that you press to release the draw from its runners:

View media item 29647
The attachment between the draw front and the body that has been broken:

View media item 29648
Cheers for any help!

Sponsored Links
Looks like the snap on catches on the draws have broke.
It could be a problem just getting these as it likely they designed only to fit your draw type.

So I would consider getting a new draw pack and use your old draw front on it.

Looks like the snap on catches on the draws have broke.
It could be a problem just getting these as it likely they designed only to fit your draw type.

So I would consider getting a new draw pack and use your old draw front on it.
Would the draw runner mechanism need to be replaced or is this a standard mech that will work on a replacement?

Any advice on where I could purchase the new draw body from?

Cheers!

The draw pack should come with it's own runners.
As far as where to purchase, anywhere that supply kitchen units.
Wickes, B&Q, Magnet, you may have a local retailer.
They will cost about £30 or 40.
Make sure you get your draw measurements right, width and depth.

Sponsored Links
could you screw a strip of approx 75mm timber to the inside of the drawer box through the sides and base behind where the drawer front sits then screw the front to this screwing through the back into the thicker part of the drawer front not the thinner panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back