Kitchen extraction fan placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
16491102452362403314543794462195.jpg

Hi. In the process of doing my kitchen and was planning on moving the hob to the left of the window and installing an extractor fan directly above as just 'opening the window' isn't always ideal!

It seems to me that the water pipes running horizontally would be in the way of any extractor fan chimney (there is 1200mm space between worktop and pipe). Clearly not ideal but is there anyway round this? Can the chimney be placed on the wall with a cut out for the pipes, and the ducting hose go out the external wall just below the pipes?

It is not possible to move the hob anywhere else, so if I can't get the extractor fan in, I'll just have to leave the hob where it is and keep opening that window!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can put a hole thru anywhere behind the chimney.Wall space does not look wide enough for an extractor cowl?

put the hob where you want, and run a duct to a convenient place to go through the wall.

You can often conceal duct above, or inside, wall cabinets.

various examples here

use the round, rigid duct if you possibly can. Rrectangular is available and can look better if exposed. it can be painted. Tilt the run so any condensation drips outside.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for this. So are you saying buy a 90 degree duct and not use the supplied steel chimney at all? Thanks

put the hob where you want, and run a duct to a convenient place to go through the wall.

You can often conceal duct above, or inside, wall cabinets.

various examples here

use the round, rigid duct if you possibly can. Rrectangular is available and can look better if exposed. it can be painted. Tilt the run so any condensation drips outside.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back