kitchen fitted door come off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
kitchen fitted door come off fitting to carcase via 2 screws , what's the best way to refit the hinges when they have pulled out off the carcase leaving big holes

Tia

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your suggestions , I have bought some repair hinges from screwfix looks good apart from I need to saw the front bit off as they go back too far

Tally,
those front bits add a lot to the strength as they transfer some of the load onto the front edge of the cupboard chassis.

Your hinges should have adjustment to slide them backward and forwards.

So when I used them I put the hinge repairs in place, found the holes has moved forwards a little, so made a new holes in the wood below to take the new position of the hinge screws, put the hinges in place, and then adjusted the hinge to account for its new position.
SFK

Hi SFK
Thanks for your explanation , I tried to adjust the hinges on my units and they don't move that much, its a German manufacturer if that makes any difference. Hopefully they will work ok

Tally,
Fully understand. In these cases you simply have to do what you need to do. And it should be noted that my experience is limited to only a few doors.
Keep us updated as always good to hear outcomes as we can learn more.
SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back