What hinges for new kitchen doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I now have a mix of 16mm and 18mm carcase kitchen units. I am trying to replace and fit new doors that are meant for 16mm carcase units. The 100deg hinges i have are made by TGV and will not adjust far enough back on the 18mm carcase units to sit correctly. Is this a common problem? Is there a particular brand of hinge with more adjustment? If so where can i get them?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The majority of concealed hinges are designed for 18mm carcases so there should be no problem getting them. The make you have got have a thicker mounting plate for thin carcases and are not very good quality anyway.

What size screw holes do you have in the carcase then I can give you the correct Blum ref number, and where to get them. Also do you want clip on or not.

Jason

Hello Jason
Thanks for your offer of help.
The pre-drilled hole size is 4.8mm diameter. The hole centres are 32mm and the hole centres are 36mm from the front edge of the carcase. I am not sure what is meant by clip on? What type of hinge is this?. Looking more closely at my current hinge, the brand is FGV and not TGV.
Thanks again for your time.
Regards.

Your FVG's probably came from B&Q and are not the best quality.

They come with a 3mm thicker mounting plate to allow them to be used on B&Qs 15/16mm carcases.

You need to get new hinges and 0mm spacing mounting plates like. Asuming you don't have 4.8mm holes in the doors, if you do I will suggest another hinge.

91255N & 193L810N

Clip on hinges "clip" onto the mounting plate without the need to tighten a screw, makes fitting easier but they cost more.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Hello. Yes it is new B&Q doors and a few new B&Q carcases and hinges but also with some older Bernstein (Old B&Q supplier) carcases. The link looks good as do the hinges etc. I will order some.
Many thanks for your help.
Regards
Mickey
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back