Kitchen fitter cut part of kitchen base unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed my sink base unit inside at the top, he has cut this panel and it is just inserted with the dowels, he must of cut the part that screws into the unit off, not sure why he has done this, but the right hand side of the unit has some play in it, can this be sorted

Attachments

• IMG_20220914_184609.jpg
    IMG_20220914_184609.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20220914_184545.jpg
    IMG_20220914_184545.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
Yes, couple of screws will fix it.
What part did he cut?
Looks like he cut the sink opening with the worktop in situ and cut the cabinet as well.
Is he a kitchen fitter or someone attempting to fit a kitchen?

The bit were the arrows are pointing to,it effects the strigity of the unit. He might of cut it because of the sink.

He is joiner/kitchen fitter.

Not sure I can get couple of acres into the bracket, one side is attached to end panel.

Sponsored Links
That's not something you have to do.
He needs to fix that.
If he's cutting the cabinet support, most likely he's not a kitchen fitter.
He would've realised after the first wrong installation that the sink cutout must be done on a bench, not on the cabinet.
Although, experienced fitters will have a couple of 4x2 to rest the worktop on so not to keep on swinging it about.

He was recommended by Howdens, what would you call a reasonable price, to fit 9 units, worktops and sink?.

He was recommended by Howdens, what would you call a reasonable price, to fit 9 units, worktops and sink?.
That explains a lot.
Post a picture of the plans and I tell you how much i would've charged.
Of course, if you wanted gas, electric, pipework and tiling done the price goes up.

I paid £850.00, that includes me getting rid of old.kitchen, and also putting 7 of the flat pack units together, he ripped it out. He is coming back to finish something will ask him about that panel, is it fixable

I paid £850.00, that includes me getting rid of old.kitchen, and also putting 7 of the flat pack units together, he ripped it out. He is coming back to finish something will ask him about that panel, is it fixable
Yes, it can be fixed.
By a kitchen fitter, surely not by a bodg ere r who thought it was ok to leave it like that.

I have a metal l-plate could I use this, could only use small screws though or it would go through end panel.

In fairness not sure who cut that piece, might have been plumber to attach clips to underside of worktop, fitter wouldn't let plumber come round when he was cutting worktop to attach sink to, so was difficult to get clips on underside of worktop

In fairness not sure who cut that piece, might have been plumber to attach clips to underside of worktop, fitter wouldn't let plumber come round when he was cutting worktop to attach sink to, so was difficult to get clips on underside of worktop
Rubbish.
It's easier if anything.
But for £850, not much you can complain about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back