Kitchen fitter woes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a house a couple of years ago that has Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 R1 on outside wall above an electric oven fitted as part of a kitchen upgrade before we moved in.

Access to the bottom of the boiler is nigh impossible and I pulled the oven out of the cabinet to access the condensate trap. BUT it looks like the kitchen fitters (or someone) modified the water pipes and it is now not possible to service the condensate, see pic. Red line indicates height of oven.

There is very little room above the oven but enough so I can re-route cold water and heating pipes to get to the trap without going inside the boiler casing.

While doing this, is it permissible to add a cut-off valve to the boiler cold water supply as the filling loop appears (when closed) to be letting water into the system? The only water cut-off I can find is the water board supply outside our front gate.

ecotec831-pipes.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back