Kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've gone quiet as I've had a major mission on with my kitchen with getting in people to run the electric, gas and my DIY plumbing in order to lay the rest of the floor. I've also had a structural engineer in to do measurements and calcs for a set of 1400 french doors which I've now cut a hole out for and installed the lintels he suggested after getting building permission to do it.

I've had all the render off the walls, injected a DPC and re-rendered the walls with render guard in the mix to stop and hygroscopic crystals forming.

Please could you give me some advice on the ballast floor I've laid? Basically it isn't too flat but I'm not sure what to do to level it was I've now got a lot of room to play with I've also not got any insulation in the floor yet.

Just wanted some advice what to do next and try to come up with a solution as it's getting to the point now where it's had its day per mm to dry (80mm of ballast) which was thrown in at the end of August.

Thanks for any help you can give, I appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
is there a DPM under it...

what tiles you planning on fixing..you wanting to use insulation boards ontop proir to tiling?...

how big an area is it
does it have exspansion joints in it at door thresholds ect...
elect ufh...?

bit more info/pics even.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back