floor tiling with a framed kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a framed kitchen and would like to replace the quarry floor tiles with something new. I've seem the advice about tiling to just under the kickboards on a standard kitchen, but what do I do in a framed kitchen?

I have no clue where to start to replace the floor without damaging the kitchen.

any help and/or tips appreciated!

Sponsored Links
DO you have a plinth fitted or is it a gap under the frame or is there a piece that looks a bit like skirting board attached to the bottom of the frame and goes all along the bottom and edges

Roger

there is a plinth fitted that sits just behind the frame legs. Looks nice, but the only one of those I can see how to remove is the obviously removable one fitted under the dishwasher.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Although its a framed Kitchen the base units will still be on legs
Check the plinth along its length and make sure that screws have not been used if not The Plinth will have plastic clips on the back of it that click onto the legs
(99.9% of kitchens have this type)

A good sharp tug will free it

Just check that silicone hasn't been used along the top or bottom of the plinth as if it has you will need to remove or cut through it before you attempt to remove the plinth

Roger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back