Kitchen hood - extractor wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

I need some advice with regards to my hood installation.

I have a 13A fused spur for the hood and a three pin socket at the top for it to connect into it. Due to the complications of installing the hood, i have had to remove the socket altogether and wired up the hood directly to the cable coming from the fused spur.

The thing is, the three pin plug that the hood came with had a 5A fuse on it but my fused spur has a 13A one. The hood works fine at the moment but my question is, can i or should i replace the 13A fuse with a 5A on the switch?

One more thing, the hood wire did not have a earth cable.. should i connect th earth anyways as long as it is touching some part of the stainless steel body of the hood?

I hope all this makes sense. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, put the 5amp fuse in
No DO NOT fit an earth wire to the hood. It will be double insulated and not only doesn't need an earth, it must not have one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back