Kitchen Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys!

I am currently planning on refurbishing my kitchen! One of the main problems is the lighting in the kitchen. I currently have just a ceiling rose and 1 one way switch in my kitchen. My wife would like downlights instead of a ceiling rose. She also wants some link lights underneath the wall cupboards and she wants a cable light over the sink. I would like the downlights to operate off a 3 way switch so I can have some on and some off or all on, I though it would be a good idea to have the all lights operated by a different switch. So I think I would need a 6 gang switch. 3 switches for the downlights, 1 for the link lights, 1 for the cable light and 1 spare just incase she wants more :rolleyes: !!! The problem I face is that I have never wired up a 6 gang light switch. As I said I currently have a 1 gang 1 way switch. Do I just replace that with a 6 gang switch so the feed goes to the switch and then have a different wire coming out of the switch for each different light???

Please help me out, any suggest would would be great...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back