kitchen matt washable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to paint the kitchen matt finish and i want to be able to wash it when it gets dirty.
It must be MATT not vinyl, not silk, not eggshell MATT.
Dulux do the the kitchen diamond stuff 10x tougher than a meteorite
BUT if i want to re-paint it in the future will i have the same problems as with vinyl silk, IE will it all need to be rubbed down.
I did a bedroom with silk some years back and it looks awful with its shinny surface on not perfect walls.
My rooms are 9'6" tall and big (built in 1912) the thought of rubbing down all the walls is giving me nightmares.
Is there a trade alternative to this dulux stuff as i hear on the forums that the diy stuff is not the best.

Sponsored Links
I would go for the trade DIAMOND MATT. Not the kitchens/ bath stuff as this has a sheen. You might change your mind when you see the price of the TRADE stuff :cry: But the retail ENDURANCE MATT Is ok.

When you redec the diamond matt or silk emulsions, prep to the walls is as simple as using a sanding block with 100 g abrasive. You only need to lightly abrade to dull the sheen Just use wide strokes making contact with the wall all over slowly and purposefully. Dont think you got to rub madly down to the plaster. Each wall usually takes a few minutes, good exercise ;)

Good luck

Thanks for the answer.
The endurance matt sounds ok but
who/what make of diamond trade matt were you thinking of?
we have a dulux trade center also a trade (rabbats)/johnsons place here in swansea and also a leyland paint place if it's still going.

I didn't know i could get away with using 100 grit on the walls i worked in a body shop for 11 years and had visions of rubbing down to car painting standards when i re-paint over the silk. so it now doesn't sound so horrific after all. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back