Kitchen Mixer Tap - Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing the sink in the kitchen together with the taps (and the whole kitchen but that's by the by!).

Anyway, I can see the bolts that are connecting the hot & cold feeds to the mixer tap but the hole underneath is about 4cm x 3cm and I'm completely at a loss as to how to get them undone.

I've read about basin wrenches but unless it's miniscule, I really don't see how that would do the job.

Any tips would be genuinely appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the tails from the supply pipes, use a box spanner (sets of these avaiable from any plumbers merchant or screwfix if that's easier, and you'll probably need them if you're going to use another pillar mixer tap) to undo the tap, although if you're lucky the threaded rods will have a flat screw screw in them, pull tap up and use any spanner to undo the easily accessible nuts from above the sink.

Thanks, I had undone them before but didn't see much give in them so figured that I'd need to undo the impossible to reach ones. Undone the other ones again just now and the pipes came away no problem!

That's enough for one night!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back