Kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to take out my old taps and fit a new mixer tap in the kitchen ( well im fitting a new kitchen )

On the new tap it came with 2 copper reducing pipes ( 15mm to 1/4 bsp with o ring seal ( i think ) ) one to connect to the hot and 1 to the cold water supply.

I am going to connect them with a flex hose ( push lock )

I was wondering if you can buy a push lock flex hose with the connection ( 1/4" BSP ) that connect to the tap and then i wont have to use the Copper pipes that came with with taps . Just to make it a bit neater really.

B & Q or screwfix would be great i have had a look on the web site but dont know what im really looking for !

Thanks Danny

Sponsored Links
you can buy flexi hoses for the tap you want to fit, must plumbers merchants will have them. I don't really rate flexi hoses tho, you may find the tap coming lose over a period of time. i prefare to use copper tails and would rather the extra struggle fitting them. Gives the tap a bit more rigid support to stop them from moving around. Not sure about the push fit at the other end most come with compression fitting

Sponsored Links
If you have a gravity hot water system, carefully check the specification of the tap before fitting it :!:

Many modern taps are designed for higher water pressures than a gravity system can deliver, which is often as little as 0.2 bar, leading to disappointing performance and many questions on here.

:idea: Gravity system water pressure in bar = 1/10 vertical distance from cold storage tank to the tap in Metres.

I'm with fazedup - you can clip rigid pipe tails to the wall or base unit to improve the rigidity of the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back