Kitchen plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a kitchen be easily skim plastered with the kitchen in place?

I'm getting a new kitchen fitted soon, and was wondering if the walls can be skimmed (between worktop and underside of wall units) after the kitchen is fitted or is it best to:

remove kitchen
Skim walls
fit new kitchen??

This would mean a lot of the wall gets unnecessarily skimmed in my opinion.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Its easier in the long run to plaster before the kitchen goes in, even though some areas might be covered with the units. But if this is not possible,it can be plastered afterwards, but you would need to take great care not to damage the units.

youngroughtcaster

Alastair,

The sockets are fine as they are, kitchen removal is like for like and the walls are pretty good so not sure what you were getting at.

thanks for the info 'youngroughcaster'

Sponsored Links
Now and again i have had to plaster parts of a kitchen after a new one has been put in. Its not the best way to do it, but if people do the job back to front you have to plaster with extra care. It's even more awkward to do if the pelmets and cornices have been put on and they've used screws "and glue" to fix them on with.

I know what you mean but you will really need to watch you dont hit the finished sides of the units/worktops etc with the trowel. Taking your time as best you can is the only way. I wouldn't start taking things to bits now the new kitchens in place. A competent plaster would do the job in a very short time, and it shouldnt be that expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back