kitchen revamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can give me advice on how to replace a chimney breast.

My husband and I purchased our house six months ago, we have an ugly area in the kitchen where it is obvious that a chimney breast had previously been, it seems there are gallow brackets to a party wall and ceiling, which has been covered up by plasterboard.

We would like to put the chimney breast back in and make it a feature of the kitchen, as we are concerned about the size and weight of the supported area and whether there is enough support. Also it is very very ugly.

We have considered taking out the chimney breasts in the room above the kitchen, but we think by making a feature would enhance the kitchen.

Please can anyone give me some constructive advice on whether this can be done, what sort of qualified tradesman do I look for. and roughly how long will this project take.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
General builder or a bricky should be able to advise as to price and timescale.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back