Kitchen sink blocked, help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat, and about two weeks ago noticed that the sink was draining water away very slowly. I haven't got a plunger, so i took the pipe apart from under the sink and cleaned it out (there wasn't much crap in there to be honest). I also unscrewed the pipe it was attatched to and cleaned that out, again it wasn't very dirty. Then i tried screwing the pipe back to the one at the back of the kitchen sink, but found it to be not a very tight fit. Anyway back to the original problem, i've just come back from holiday, but before i went i ordered a Silverline snake type think with a cork screw type end. I used it last night, and although it didn't look like much food stuff came out, there was a lot of black thick oil type stuff. Does anybody know what this could be? I tried putting the pipes back together again last night and turned on the taps, but the pipes are still loose as they leaked. However i'm still convinced the drain is blocked as the water appeared to flow to the blockage before coming back through the pipes and leaking. Any help with this problem would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
the black stuff is the muck and water sitting in the pipe. keep rodding.
did you put the black seals in properly when fitting the trap ?

Nothing a bottle of One-Shot won't dissolve! :p

Yeah i put the black seals back properly, but it looks like the plastic pipe was cut at an angle. I forgot to mention that i have already put a bottle of Mr Muscle sink blockage formula down the sink, but it did nothing.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the 'stack' is mate. It's a very small kitchen cupboard under the sink and i can't see beyond the pipe under the sink.

so its a case of keep rodding if there is no access to the rest of the pipe.
it will go just time consuming.

Ok mate thanks for the replies. Should i get another small piece of pipe to replace the bit that's mis-cut?

not knowing how bad it is and it was ok.
but always better when the pipe is cut square and not at an angle.

Why can't you plumbers ever seem to cut a pipe straight and deburr??

:confused: :)

I think it was probably our landlord, and he's as dodgy as they come!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back