Kitchen Sink earth bond 2012

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The relevant question that I can find was last answered in 2009 so what are the regs now, I have just fitted a new Franke single bowl stainless kitchen sink , but the only lugs that are on the sink are virtually so small it will be very awkward to fit a earth bond to it, all the water pipes around it are bonded and I have the old sink bonding wire ready to fit to the new sink, I'll manage it somehow if still needed, but as mentioned earlier, the mains, hot and flow and return of the heating are all bonded about 600 mm away from the sink, anybody up on the latest regs or just know the answer I'm looking for :) :) :)

They're actually just fitting a double bowl Franke stainless sink where I'm working at the moment and that has no lug at all to fit an earth bonding wire on the whole of the sink :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Thank you m8 , your answer was so quick I was still typing some extra info on to the end of the post :) :)

Although there is still a requirement for mains earth bonding of water/gas etc. services. There is no specific requirement to fit supplementary bonding to metal water pipe, sinks, drainers or furniture within the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
The gas pipe is earthed right next to the meter and the water mains is eathed in the kitchen where it comes into the house, all the other water pipes around that then bonded to each other, (done years ago to suit those present regs at the time), just got this spare wire tacked inside my new kitchen sink unit that won't be needed now , will it be safe to just leave it tucked away or go back to it's source and remove it ?

Thanks guys, I'll put a little cap on the end of it, then if they ever change the regs I'll have a wire already in place ready to connect :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back