Kitchen Plumbing Earth Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber started to move the kitchen sink and associated plumbing today. He got half-way through and won't be coming back till later in the week.

The new plumbing (minus sink) has no earth bonding yet. The old sink is fully disconnected from the plumbing but still earth-bonded.

a) How dangerous is it that the new plumbing is not bonded, particularly as it is exposed and in close proximity to electric cables which are tied up out of the way?

b) Can I just disconnect the old earth bonding to pull the sink out or is this still performing some function even though the pipework goes nowhere?

I suspect the answers are:

a) Not ideal but don't panic

b) Yes, disconnect.

But I'd rather check!!

Thanks,

Robert

Sponsored Links
There are two schools of thought here: either you bond or you don't.

There is no requirement in BS7671 (16th Edition Regulations) to bond kitchen sinks and pipework.

Over to Ban. Ban?? Ban!!!

thefinger.gif

Sponsored Links
Actually I'm wondering if I used the wrong term. By bonding I meant a single earth connection. Is bonding extending this connection to related metal?

Thanks,

Robert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back