Kitchen Sink Monobloc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water tap of the monobloc of the kitchen sink is leaking but I am unable to undo the seat to replace the washer. I have tried WD40 and penetrating oil but no joy. Any advice or suggestions. I tried using a socket to undo the seat but with no joy. Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When you say seat do you mean the horse shoe looking washer underneath?

Usually if one of the tail needs replacing you can just unscrew it out of the bottom of the monobloc (isolate and disconnect from pipework first), then screw the new one in without having to take the tap off.

If you still need to take the tap off but can't undo the little nut, if you have room get a pair of footprints in, you can unscrew the actual long theaded nut out of the tap.

When you say seat do you mean the horse shoe looking washer underneath?

Usually if one of the tail needs replacing you can just unscrew it out of the bottom of the monobloc (isolate and disconnect from pipework first), then screw the new one in without having to take the tap off.

If you still need to take the tap off but can't undo the little nut, if you have room get a pair of footprints in, you can unscrew the actual long theaded nut out of the tap.
[i

Thank you for replying. I meant the tap assembly itself, once the cover is taken off.
[/i]

Are the taps quarter turn or the screw type? How do you know it is the hot side, is it dripping from the spout?

Only plenty of leverage and muscle will get it off, make sure you don't damage pipework underneath.

Sponsored Links
Are the taps quarter turn or the screw type? How do you know it is the hot side, is it dripping from the spout?

Only plenty of leverage and muscle will get it off, make sure you don't damage pipework underneath.

I am not sure if they are screw type or not quarter turn. I just assumed that the tap is screw type. Unfortunately someone else fitted them. If they are quarter turn how do I undo them. I must emphasis that when I took the tap cover off the tap has a hexagon type shape which I assume one would use a wrench or a socket to loosen it.

I :) am not sure if they are screw type or not quarter turn. I just assumed that the tap is screw type. Unfortunately someone else fitted them. If they are quarter turn how do I undo them. I must emphasis that when I took the tap cover off the tap has a hexagon type shape which I assume one would use a wrench or a socket to loosen it.

I mean are they..

Quarter Turn
p4541480_l.jpg

or...

Screw Type
crosswater-alvero-basin-monobloc-tap-39677-18123_zoom.jpg

In which way do you turn the tap handle to get water.

Hello John

Thanks again for your help in this matter. The mixer is screw type. The taps open clockwise and close anti clockwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back