Leaking Monobloc taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single hole monobloc tap in the kitchen that leaks. I have been told by the manufacturer that dirt has got into the tap through the water pipes and they sent me a unit (washers) to replace the old one. However, I am unable to take the tap to pieces to replace the unit as there is no screw on the back of the tap to undo it, and I am unable to to find out how to dismantle the tap! Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
In the absence of any other point of entry I would try the tap heads. Do they have discs on top which can be sprung out. Under these discs you should find some way of removing the heads from the valve spindles; probably a screw in the middle. Under the heads you will, hopefully, find that the valves screw right off the monoblock.

That's fine in theory but be warned that those valve threads can be an absolute pig. You will need a big spanner and also some way of gripping the monoblock itself without damaging the finish.

Thanks for that, however, this is a single holed monobloc tap that has only one rotating handle which governs hot/cold and pressure of water. There just appears to be no way of dismantling the tap above the sink.

Why are these type of tap so secret ?

If your tap is similar to mine, then underneath the handle you will find a small cap that covers a grub screw. Remove this cap and undo the screw (small allen key) to dismantle the lever.

Sponsored Links
Thanks merlinp
That sounds more like it! I shall have a go. Again many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back