Kitchen sink plumbing space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be fitting the sink on Monday but I might need to rethink the plumbing underneath as space is going to be very tight.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best route to take the waste pipes from the appliances? I didn't know if it was best to drill out holes under the cabinet and pull them up through there

The traps going to need to be moved over to the left abit, can it be lowered as well?

I'm just not sure on how to fit everything underneath once the sinks in.. if anyone has any good ideas that'd be great

Attachments

• PXL_20231202_081746610.jpg
    PXL_20231202_081746610.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
Does the waste pipe from the trap (to drain) go straight out through the wall or drop in the pipe void? As it is its going to be close to sink bottom if not above it.
Flexi waste from washing machine etc- redo them so they travel up almost vertically behind the machine to the spec height then fall towards the trap.

Appliance drain hoses are ideally position up and over the edge of the cabinets and then down into the waste spigots. Routing then underneath the cabinets is a recipe for disaster longer term - smells/backflow etc into the appliances can be an issue and the drain hoses will never empty properly so can cause a build of crud in the pipe.

Sorry I meant to route them under and then straight back up through holes in the cabinet floor so they loop up and then back down into th spigots

It might be a case of dry fitting the sink and seeing what space I'm left with

Sponsored Links
Sorry I meant to route them under and then straight back up through holes in the cabinet floor so they loop up and then back down into th spigots

It might be a case of dry fitting the sink and seeing what space I'm left with
See @Madrab post above for why along from appliance then up is a bad idea. Up then along is much better.
Yes dryfit & headscratch may be the way to go.

The ideal with drain hoses it straight up out the appliance and up and over the unit into the spigot - exactly why some machines come with the hoses already clipped to the top part of the machine - so there will be little standing water left in the hose once it's finished pumping

All you need to do is cut a couple of 25mm holes in the top side of the carcass

The ideal with drain hoses it straight up out the appliance and up and over the unit into the spigot - exactly why some machines come with the hoses already clipped to the top part of the machine - so there will be little standing water left in the hose once it's finished pumping

All you need to do is cut a couple of 25mm holes in the top side of the carcass

I was about to question your logic, but then noticed that you explicitly mentioned the fact that the appliance will only pump out a given amount of water. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back