Kitchen Sink Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our current sink with 1.5 basins sits in the worktop over the base unit, the unit under the basin side is 570mm wide. The new sink we are looking at also 1.5 basins is wider and says needs it needs a minimum of a 600mm unit.

I've measured the distance between the far edges of the two basins under the sink on the new one and its 520mm, about the same as we have now. I'll have to jigsaw the worktop to the new dimensions, but can't see why if I position it so that it drops into the worktop with the two drains in the same place as the one being taken out it won't fit.

Done like this the basins will drop down into the space underneath in the 570mm unit with room either side, and enough gap to the unit sidewalls.

Am I missing something about needing a 600mm unit?

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_134959.jpg
    IMG_20230120_134959.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Are the measurements you are making accurate,and allow space for any overflow connections that sit at the side ? If so ,it should fit.

It does indeed sound like it would fit.

Are you sure your current unit is 570mm wide? Seems an unusual width (although I should caveat that observation with an admission that whilst I’ve fitted a few kitchens I’m not a pro so perhaps I’m showing my ignorance of what’s out there!).

External measurement of base unit = 600mm.
Internal measurement = 570mm , two walls at 15 mm !

Sponsored Links
That’s what I was thinking too, which would make it a 600mm unit just like the unit required by the proposed replacement sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back