Kitchen Smell / Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
maze.jpg

After fitting a new sink we seem to get a nasty smell in the kitchen, is it because i have put the outlet for the washin machine the wrong side of the trap?

Excuse the maze it seemed the only way of doing it at the time!

Sponsored Links
try changing to a powder detergent, also clean the m/c, put soda crystals in it, put it onto a 60 degree wash (nothing else) and switch it on

lummocks said:
is it because i have put the outlet for the washin machine the wrong side of the trap?

I'm not a plumber, but I would say that's a good place to start. You could put a non return valve (if not fitted) for the washing machine, has worked for me in the past.

Could also be that the pressure of water from W/M is pulling water from trap and letting foul air back into kitchen, is smell from W/M or sinks?

Sponsored Links
hi sorry to but in on this thread, but i too seem to be having the same problem. where we had a new kitchen fitted and ever since have been getting a bad smell from the sink.
the smell gets worse when we use our dishwasher.

please help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back