Kitchen Splashback ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm setting out my kitchen at the moment and I'm not sure about how to tile the splashback. In our old kitchen the tiles were layed first and the work tops were fitted to them. I just went and had a nosey at my neighbors and their work tops were fitted first and then the tiles layed to them. Can anyone tell me if this a preference thing or are there pros and cons for the different approach.

Thanks for any advice ... Kev ...

Sponsored Links
if you do it afterwards there 9/10 more cuts but you wont be seeing the wall behind the cabinets / work tops will you.

Tile afterwards. Takes up any uneveness in the walls and rough edges on the back of the worktop. Will also form a more watertight barrier in case of spillages.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning to the tile after option as the work top gives a straight and even starting point. When you're not a pro it's really great to have a place to find out the why's and the why nots.
... Kev ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back