kitchen spotlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i want to change my kitchen spot lights from the current 12v dichroic halogens to l.e.d spot lights. can i just change the bulbs or do i need to change the transformers and fittings. thanks

Sponsored Links
hi guys, i want to change my kitchen spot lights from the current 12v dichroic halogens to l.e.d spot lights.
The existing lighting not quite atrocious enough for you?

can i just change the bulbs or do i need to change the transformers and fittings. thanks
What do the people who make the LED lamps say?

something i was considering ,have not had a look at any yet , just wanted a few opinions :LOL:

There's a good chance that the LED lamps you're looking at are 230v GU10.
Your current lamps are 12v so the transformers would need to be taken out of circuit.
Also, either the lampholders would need changing to GU10 or the fittings need changing.

Have you seen the light output from some of the LED lamps currently available?

Sponsored Links
There's a good chance that the LED lamps you're looking at are 230v GU10.
Your current lamps are 12v so the transformers would need to be taken out of circuit.
Also, either the lampholders would need changing to GU10 or the fittings need changing.
Really?

Have you seen the light output from some of the LED lamps currently available?
One would assume not.

thanks for that. how much light will i lose with l.e.d lights. i have 15 down lighters in the kitchen all 50 watt

750W just for the kitchen, nice.

Still, i bet you think they look good. :)

thanks for that. how much light will i lose with l.e.d lights. i have 15 down lighters in the kitchen all 50 watt

If the fittings the lamps are going into are the same, then proportionally, you will lose the same amount of light irrespective of what kind of lamp is installed. (approx)

And that doesn't tell you that 2" recessed downlighters are not designed to light rooms?

Fiddling with the type of lamp will not cure your fundamental problem - you have useless lights - all it will do is give you a different type of useless lighting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back