Kitchen swivel mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen mixer tap which swivels. The mixer spout is held in place with a screw - this is tight. Recently the spout has been jumping off its base when the water is on and the spout is swivelled. Water the spurts everywhere. It only jumps up about half an inch and pushing it back down restores normal function. It's not leaking otherwise.

What might be wrong and how do I fix this?

Sponsored Links
traineegasman said:
1: Not fitted properly.... 2 : Fit it properly...... :D

As it's been in place for about 12 years with no problems I don't think that's the answer.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
take the screw out and you will find the end has worn away :idea:

I did take the screw out earlier and it did look rather short. Can I just replace it with a longer screw?

I did replace the two rubber o rings just for good measure. I also noticed a white, plastic o ring - or I should say almost o ring as it has a break in it. Is this meant to be like this or has it broken?

the screw should have a bit on the end with no thread thats what holds the spout in , yes replace it if you can get one (dont hold your breath tho)

the white plastic bit is ok ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back