Kitchen tap adaptors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I've recently bought a new tap and was looking under the sink to see what the existing connections are.

I'm assuming I need adaptors for the tap to fit? I've looked through different options but some advise would be great.

Thanks!

20200224_063325.jpg
20200224_063357.jpg

Attachments

• 158741317599042017061841416316.jpg
    158741317599042017061841416316.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
The one in the second pic is a straight swap

First pic , grab yourself one of these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/isolating-valve-15mm-2-pack/65251

Remove the two nuts and olives , attach one side of the isolation valve to the nut that will be left on the pipe with the olive already attached and attach the tail to the other end

You can cut off the olive and use the nut and olive that comes with the isolation but I've never needed to

Don't overtighten the two tails or you will cut through the rubber washers

Have a roll of PTFE tape handy too but you shouldn't need it

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thank you for the advice. Just ordered an isolation valve and will have a go later. I've done other projects around the house etc. but not done any plumbing yet, so this will hopefully be an easy project to get going on. Looking through all the adaptors I wasn't quite sure which one would be right for it.

The kitchen sink will be changed out soon so may be back asking for advice on that if I don't figure it out!

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back