Kitchen tap advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m after some advice or recommendations for a monobloc kitchen mixer tap that will be quieter than the one I have. I have a mains pressure cylinder with quite high pressure and my current tap (a Bristan Pistachio) is crazy loud. It’s quiet when fully open on hot or cold, but anywhere in the middle or half closed and you have to shout to have a conversation! I’m looking for a replacement, but I have no way of knowing if the one I’m buying will be any better. Can anyone recommend a (not too expensive) monobloc mixer that’s quiet on a high pressure system.

Sponsored Links
Could it be that your mains pressure is too high? You will get velocity noise in pipes, which is more likely that, than the tap.

Last edited:
Thanks, but it’s definitely the tap. Prior to fitting the Bristan tap I had a cheapo old deck mounted mixer. That was perfectly quiet… but I really want a monobloc!

For the time being try closing the isolating valve a bit.
Reducing the flow might get rid of the noise.

Sponsored Links
I learned to fit a pressure reducing valve on every installation I did as high pressure can play havoc with things like taps and shower valves. I suspect the mains water pressure is just too high.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Anything by Franke. The Moselle is usually my go-to model, but the Eos is closest in design to the tap you have now

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back