1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen tap advice

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Chris Bailey, 24 Sep 2021.

1. Chris Bailey

Chris Bailey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I’m after some advice or recommendations for a monobloc kitchen mixer tap that will be quieter than the one I have. I have a mains pressure cylinder with quite high pressure and my current tap (a Bristan Pistachio) is crazy loud. It’s quiet when fully open on hot or cold, but anywhere in the middle or half closed and you have to shout to have a conversation! I’m looking for a replacement, but I have no way of knowing if the one I’m buying will be any better. Can anyone recommend a (not too expensive) monobloc mixer that’s quiet on a high pressure system.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could it be that your mains pressure is too high? You will get velocity noise in pipes, which is more likely that, than the tap.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2021
  4. Chris Bailey

Chris Bailey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, but it’s definitely the tap. Prior to fitting the Bristan tap I had a cheapo old deck mounted mixer. That was perfectly quiet… but I really want a monobloc!

5. johnny2007

johnny2007

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For the time being try closing the isolating valve a bit.
    Reducing the flow might get rid of the noise.

6. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I learned to fit a pressure reducing valve on every installation I did as high pressure can play havoc with things like taps and shower valves. I suspect the mains water pressure is just too high.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Anything by Franke. The Moselle is usually my go-to model, but the Eos is closest in design to the tap you have now

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sponsored Links