kitchen tap connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

I have bought some taps from lidl and they have fixed copper pipes which taper/slighty become narrower at the end. These pipes screew into the monoblock mixer and are 10mm at the tap end and 15mm at the other end. My question is can these tap tails be cut to the required size, what is the function of the pipes becoming slightly tapered at the very end ? The reason I am asking this is that if I cut these pipes to size, will the fact that the tapered end not remaining cause a problem when trying to connect these up ?

Also, the water pipes I am connecting to are the bendy ones, not flexible. They look like corrugated copper pipes that can be bent by hand. How much can these pipes be bent to make them fit ?

Sorry for all the questions, a newbie here with regards to plumbing.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
They're 10mm at the tap end in order to fit the tap. 15mm would be too bulky.

If you cut off the threaded end then you won't be able to install them onto the tap.

You can cut the other end back if it helps you to make onto the existing pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back