Tap fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am just fitting a B & Q mixer basin tap and it is supplied with two flexible tails one end of each fits into the tap and the other end has what looks like a normal 15mm tap connection to fit to thepipework.
I can't seem to locate a fitting which this will screw onto at the pipe end.
(That is a male thread on the supply pipe) :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
You either have a compression fitting that you have lost the nuts and olives for or a bush which you need to obtain a fitting for. Take it to a plumbers merchants and let them have a look at it.

NotBovvered said:
You either have a compression fitting that you have lost the nuts and olives for or a bush which you need to obtain a fitting for. Take it to a plumbers merchants and let them have a look at it.
I`ll bet some bugger whipped the partsout the bag before swimmer bought it :eek:

Fit two 15mm isolation valves onto the hot and cold feed pipes and remove the end nuts, the flexi's will fit onto the valves. :D

Sponsored Links
U should go & buy 2 x 15mm by 1/2" bsp straight male iron to copper fittings. these have a flat on one end so the rubber washer in flexi tail isn't damaged. F you prefer to take the other suggestions u can file off the taper when the compression ring would seat to create a flat .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back