Kitchen tap identify and help. Won't turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd tap, 10 o'clock turns it off, 7 o'clock for hot and about 3 is cold.

It used to slightly click to turn off but now it won't turn off the cold off at all, only hot- I've isolated individually below to see what happens.

Firstly, has anyone seen a tap like this?!

I've taken the top off which has revealed what can be seen on the photos. There is plastic washer thing that has obviously broken at some point and I've not dared take it out to see what's below! Any suggestions?

Is a new tap in order or could it be a simpler fix?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Removing the brass nut, will likely allow access to the tap valve, it could be something simple like debris in or around the valve, which is preventing it from closing, or a new valve is needed. I would generally suggest, if it is not any easy fix, by cleaning debris, then by time you have sourced a compliant valve, it would have been more logical to replace the tap.

new tap unless you know the make and model of your tap as the ceramic cartridge will be cracked and irreparable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back