Kitchen tap type ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any-one advise which insert I need to replace to stop this hot tap dripping please.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Because it is a mixer with two inserts you need to be sure which one is the problem! How did you identify it was the hot?

Also you need know if the offending cartridge is clockwise or anti-clockwise to close.

Thanks, I was told by the person in charge of the kitchen (wife !) that it was the hot. On reflection we are now not so sure. Each supply has an isolating valve nearby, is it possible to turn off the suspect supply and see if it stops dripping (could take a long time ?) As you might gather I'm trying to avoid not having a supply while I hunt for the replacement, once identified.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I was told by the person in charge of the kitchen (wife !) that it was the hot. On reflection we are now not so sure. Each supply has an isolating valve nearby, is it possible to turn off the suspect supply and see if it stops dripping (could take a long time ?) As you might gather I'm trying to avoid not having a supply while I hunt for the replacement, once identified.
Turning off one isolating valve is an excellent idea and should have an almost immediate effect

Edit: Once you identify the one for sure, you can order your replacement and refit the old one while you wait - I would just leave any cover caps off until a replacement is fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back